Friday, November 19, 2010

Babies

My auntie had a baby today, which is brilliant. She very much deserves it and I'm delighted to have a new cousin.

But today I also found out that someone I know, a friend of a friend, might not ever be able to have children.

And I heard something about a Soviet nuclear bomb testing site in Kazakhstan, where some doctors suggest people shouldn't be allowed to have children for fear they are deformed.

Once I told my boyfriend that if I got pregnant it would probably be the best thing that ever happened to us. Which I still believe, even though I know it wouldn't be the best timing and we aren't even still together, which would make things even more difficult.


The issue of babies is very strange. Who should have them, who shouldn't, when should you, when shouldn't you, etc. I'd say there's no way of knowing the answer to any of these questions.

But I'm still VERY pleased for my aunt.


1 comment:

  1. I agree w ur sentiment. I reckon babies are almost a net positive , obv timing can make things complicated, nevertheless...

    How about adoption? Would u ever?

    ReplyDelete